The students presented the following research at the McNair Conference:
- Joenitta Arthur-McKenzie – The prevalence of intestinal parasitic Helminths in children of Silvercity, Linden, Guyana. Mentors: Prof. Abdullah Adil Ansari and Diana Seecharran (Dept. of Biology).
- Puja A. Jaichand – Consumption patterns and the economic impact of wildmeat on the Essequibo Coast. Mentors: Diana Seecharran, Tameka King and Elford Liverpool (Dept. of Biology).
- Rajiv Indarjeet – Characterization of the physicochemical properties of various casareep available on the local market for the purpose of preparing a grading standard for local casareep. Mentors: Gary Mendonca (Dept. of Chemistry) and Raymond Ramsaroop (Beharry Group of Companies).
- Lisa Dublin – Toward highly mesoporous activated carbon from coconut shells for water treatment. Mentor: Dr. Dawn Fox (Dept. of Chemistry).
- Alicia Layne – Integrated health information systems for improved diabetic outcomes in Guyana. Mentors: Malcolm Williams and Roland Daynauth (Dept. of Computer Science).
- Owen Grant – Distributed Object Computing – complexity reduction and interoperability. Mentors: Roland Daynauth, Roger Nurse and Malcolm Williams (Dept. of Computer Science)